Now that Summer 2012 is past as we tiptoe towards Thanksgiving and the official beginning of the Holiday Season for 2012 we should step back and take a gut check of where we are and where we’re headed. It would be a good time to take our first look back at what 2012 was/is all about.
- Year of patent suits and countersuits
- Year of the Rise of the Tablet
- The fall of former market leaders: RIM, HP, Dell, Nokia
- Acquisition aplenty: Motorola
- Steady Rise of Google & Android
- Social Media sprouts wings and grows new opportunities
- Facebook smears egg on its face
- Instagram meets and competes with Twitter
- Apps on the Rise, Appstores follow
- Samsung vs. Apple (iPhone) battle intensifies
- Amazon sitting pretty despite state taxes implemented
- Pres. Obama (D) leading candidate Romney (R) in tech efforts
- NFC much closer to reality
- HP getting back in smartphone/tablet/Web OS game
We can expect much more of the same into 2013 but with a much better idea who will survive and sustain and who will probably fail or stumble into the new year.