Now that we have two worthy smartphone competitors and a small host of alternative devices like the Microsoft Slate and Apple AIR this might be a good mid-way point in the year to take a quick assessment of where we are.
- The Cloud is starting to mature with Apple improving the dashboard-like frontend to iCloud.
- The desparate need and demand for International patent reform is gaining traction and momentum.
- We are still seeing numerous weekly/daily hacks exposing Social Media passwords
- Social Media management is becoming a very hot topic and opportunity
- Traditional top-rung companies having serious sustainability issues
- Examples: RIM, HP, Dell, Cisco,
- Online education is “coming out”
- Pandora is virtually crushing traditional broadcast radio
- Rapidly Emerging “Ultrabook” market is flying really high
- Faster more robust bandwidth near: 4G, LTE, Internet 2
- Device and screen display technolgy getting much better
- Apple raises the bar with new iPhone and iPods
- Voice control technology proving to be key to the future