This time last year we were gazing into a future that promised that Social Media could and would bring us together and supply us with tools to solve many of the issues we were facing. Fast forward one full year. Very few of the problems of 2011 have been addressed and we have a whole new set of challenges before us including a Presidential election that will deeply affect our lives for the next decade or greater.
In fact social media itself is generating new profound ways to track us and put us in the sights of those that would exploit us for their own purposes. We have ourselves put our information out there that can bring us down. The recent post “WE ARE BIG BROTHER” probably stated it best.
This all goes to prove that promising technologies holding the greatest potential also present great risks that will almost surely fall directly into the hands of spammers, scammers and criminals worldwide.
Summer 2012 is over! We’re headed into the holiday shopping season and expect companies to pull out all their trump cards and release the best fruits of the developments they have hidden till now. Scads of apps will flow into the market to support the new devices and hordes of accessories will falling of the shelves hoping to benefit.
Who really knows what the bigt hits will be other than the surefire iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III and a tablet or ten?
Bits & Bytes 9.28.12
- Apple’s Tim Cook issues apology letter re: Maps to users
- Supply issues: The reason only 5 million iPhone 5s were sold
- TSA suspected of stealing numerous iPads
- Twitter Uses Browsing History to Target Ads
- HP’s sticking with with Open Source WebOS Code
- Samsung’s Series 9 Ultrabook to sport “Better-Than-Retina Display “
- RUMOR: Apple still preparing 27-Inch iMac refresh
- Facebook to Delete Thousands of Fake Accounts & Page Likes
- LG Display Files OLED Patent suit Against Samsung
- Apple Files Patent For Siri. Seriously?
- Google’s Schmidt accuses Apple of being a patent troll
- RUMOR 2: Google Launching $99 Nexus Tablet Late T2012
- Microsoft facing multi-billion dollar fine by EU over browser issue
- Next Big Thing – Social Analytics
- RadioShack CEO Steps Down, search is on
- Nokia ready to Rollout New Lumia Phones
Time will tell!