iOS Developers are anxiously awaiting and anticipating the flood of news about to stream out of Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) next week. For the most part they are are hopeful, excited and much more committed to Apple’s iOS than Android developers seem to be about Google’s Android platform. This is vital in the battle for smartphone and tablet dominance in the marketplace. Apps are where the mobility world turns and the development platform with the best hooks and features supporting superior devices have a much better chance to win this highly contested game.
The virtual ink wasn’t even dry on my post about the current epidemic of breaches when here comes another. This time LastFM is the target and users need to be aware.
I am usually paranoid but it seems I have cause. I am thinking we are just at the tip of the problem. Has something changed that makes this easier for hackers to blunder or has things always been this vulnerable and fragile and open to exploitation? Whatever the case I fear greater bad news when we hear the stories of how these things are used, Identity theft may just be a first step to a bigger issue.
Sidenote: I did receive a timely email from the LastFM team in a valiant attempt to explain and address the situation and put the horses back in the stable:
“We’re sorry for the inconvenience around changing your password; Last.fm takes your privacy very seriously. We’ll be posting updates in our forums and via ourTwitter account as we get to the bottom of this.
A copy of this message is online athttp://www.last.fm/passwordsecurity.
We strongly recommend that your new Last.fm password is different to the password you use on other services.”
Well, take a deep breath, relax and sit back and lets see who’s next so far everyday it is someone else, and the beat goes on.
- Apple’s WWDC soon iOS 6 & a new MacBook Pro expected
- WWDC rumors:
- 15″ MacBook Pro, 2 MacBook Airs w/ Retina, new iMac
- “Do Not Disturb” feature rumored for iOS 6 (Mountain Lion)
- Apple refreshing all Mac models with Retina Display
- Oracle Ordered to Pay Google’s Legal Costs in legal loss
- Microsoft looking hard at Android options and openings
- Kindle Fire off to a slow start in domestic Tablet Market
- 35 New Ivy Bridge Ultrabooks expected in next 30 Days
- Paypal working In-Store Paypal offline Payments
- Apple iPad Mini and iPhone 5 expected in the Fall
- Lenovo Launching 40 New Smartphones In 6 Months
- Android platform growth stalls over past 4 months, iOS grows
- Siri coming to the iPad via iOS 6
- ABI Survey says: 2 of 3 tablets are Apple iPads
- Google snaps up Quickoffice to make Google Docs native
- $799 Sony VAIO T13 Ultrabook coming to USA
- Flashback Malware was a red flag warning for Apple
- ‘Tinba’ Bank Trojan found digging into Browsers Stealing Logins
- Ransomware Scam: Accuses Viewing Child Porn, Pay Up!
- Facebook ceases Chrome recommendation, now urges Opera
More to come check back here real soon!