TechCrunch Giveaway: A New iPad! #TechCrunch | TechCrunch.
A new iPad giveaway opportunity is in front of you if you find it worth jumping through the requisite hoops for the chance and they deliver on their promise. It might be hard for their staff to do if they don’t have one of their own.
Visit the TechCrunch site for guidelines and details.
When we were sold the possibilities and potential of broadband Internet we were told that Internet 2 would bring massive capacity to users. Years later we are fed bandwidth caps, net neutrality and what seems a reluctance on the part of U.S. carriers to go there without charging us for each and every step up. Now we hear that even underdeveloped countries have better access. What’s up with that?
AT&T U-verse: (250GB bandwidth cap)
AT&T has tried to compete with Comcast and other providers. Recent moves however have pissed off users that are taking to jumping off ship in droves in favor of Comcast as an alternative.
Speed and price here are marginally acceptable, but we sure hope Comcast does’nt develop a purely mercenary mindset leading them to pray upon their loyal customers.
If you are really active and doing serious multimedia work it is quick and easy to blow right through your limits thus bumping you right up against that onerous cap and possibly getting your account throttled down to pedestrian speeds you never bargained for and possibly rendering your process retarted.
There must be something we can do about this.
Who is watching the gates?
Who is advocating for us users now being victimized for doing what we must? Forward thinking Entrprenuers are reaping billions with innovations that lure us to use more bandwidth and broadband carriers are busy breaking down the regulations and putting up toll gates and restrictions against our interests.
Here is a conpendium, quick index and short news briefs covering some of the most important, interesting and compelling topics of specific interest to technologists and gadget freaks of all stripes.
- New Apple iPad is in stores and is a rousing satisfying success
- SXSW wraps up. Turns out to be more party than anything else.
- Tablet manufacturing companies in new iPad response mode
- Yahoo patent suits promise to hamstring Facebook
- Apple valuation $560 Billion, literally through the roof
- Microsoft hoping to get back in the game with Windows 8 and tablets
- SXSW Homeless Hotspot eruption
- Kevin Rose and team joins up with Google
- SLRs still in the Game! Leica M10, Nikon D4
- Insiders hint at Air-style MacBook Pro (in production)
- Sony getting back in the game
- HTC One X and One S now available
- APPY Geek predicts Personal Cloud to Replace PCs By 2014
- New Apple iPad outfitted with 1GB RAM
- Wikipedia and Internet slay 244-year Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Pinterest making waves and getting traction
- Personal Privacy controls lacking all around. Everyone guilty!
- Google undertaking substantial Search overhaul
- PayPal Here available, use for retail purchases like credit card
- Archos G9 Turbo Slate tablets shipping pre-loaded with ICS
- Customers and users pissed over poor battery life in 4G phones
- Users demanding larger and more resolute smartphone displays
- Commission explores Best Uses for Tech in Schools
- Nokia Building a sharp looking Windows Tablet
- New iPad retina display a big hit with consumers and pundits
- New Yahoo CEO Tells Yahoo troops real change coming soon
- Archos rumors new G10 Tablets with ultra thin keyboard dock
- Apple scores twice over Samsung in Dutch court
- SEC gets tough on firms already trading Facebook Pre-IPO Shares
Latest edition of the Coolness Factor Paper.Li publication is available now.